Certification & Continuing Education
NACA’s NEW On-Line
Basic ACO Academy & Certification Program
ACO I Certification
Must Complete the Basic Online ACO I Academy
Must Pass Proctored Exam with a score of 80%
ACO II Certification
Must Complete the Online ACO II Academy
Must Pass Academy Exam with a score of 80%
Certification Term & Recertification
- Valid for three (3) years from the date of certification
- Must Pursuing Continuing Education Opportunities (CEU) as Outlined below
- Must complete a recertification application and submit proof of CEUs before certification expiration.
- NACA members must recertify every 3 years after their initial certification. To remain certified, members must complete 10 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per year to meet the 30 CEU requirement during the 3-year certification cycle. All CEU activities must relate to the animal care & control profession, as defined by NACA.
- An individual, institution, organization, or agency responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation, record-keeping, of a quality continuing education activity may submit CEU activities for approval. The CEU activity must meet the NACA Guidelines and program definition of continuing education.
- A CEU is 60 minutes of an organized learning activity.
|Activity||CEU Hours Max||Proof|
|NACA Conference||10 CEUs per year||Proof of attendance/Certificate of Completion|
|Other Conferences||5 CEUs per year||Proof of attendance/Certificate of Completion|
|Classroom Trainings||10 CEUs per year||Proof of attendance/Certificate of Completion|
|Webinars||5 CEUs per year||Certificate of Completion, email from presenter (included must be course name, date, organization, and length)|
|Online Training||10 CEU’s per year||Certificate of completion|
|Other||5 CEUs per year||As approved by NACA|